Eyelid Surgery Claims
Eyelid surgery is an operation correcting defects, deformities and disfiguration of the eyelids. There are several reasons why this type of procedure may be necessary, such as to resolve the loss of peripheral vision in the eyes etc.
The objective goal of this type of surgery is the restoration and correct functioning of the eyelid.
Due to the sensitive nature of this type of surgery the skill required should be second to none. Indeed, surgical standards are generally very high. However you may have been the victim of substandard surgery and as a result you may have suffered complications during surgery and post-surgery.
The Surgeon should explain the risks and potential complications associated with the surgery before you proceed, if they did not then they may have been negligent, if you suffered injury, complication or an undesired effect.
The most common complications which seem to occur arising from this type of surgery are:
- The Removal of too much skin, resulting in complications closing eyes
- Damage to the eye its self — blurred vision and even blindness
- Asymmetrical looking eyes — caused by poor surgical technique
- Damage to surrounding areas and scarring
- Infection and other complications post-surgery
- Bleeding from the eye socket
If you consider that you have been let down and suffered injury and emotional distress as a result of a failed and negligent operation to your eyelid, you may have a claim for compensation and other losses.