We have already discussed the increasing demand of private cosmetic surgery procedures in England and Wales.
There are many other cosmetic procedures which are performed on a daily basis. We can assist you to pursue a claim if you consider your Surgeon has been negligent performing the following procedures:
- Breast Lift surgery — Surgery performed on women who want to re-size and re-shape their sagging breasts. The Surgeon will remove skin and reposition the remaining tissue and nipples;
- Dermabrasion – attempts to ‘rub’ out wrinkles and facial blemishes. The Surgeon uses a high speed rotating tool to scrape away the top layers of skin, the result should be softer skin with less wrinkles;
- Forehead lift — The ‘mini’ facelift this procedure straightens and outlines the forehead by tightening the skin on the forehead;
- Hair transplantation — Used by both men and women , the aim of this procedure is to reduce the amount of scalp and increase the number of hair follicles;
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) — Large ears that prominently stick out from the head can cause appearance problems especially in children. This surgery is mainly performed on children, but more and more adults are also deciding to undergo this procedure. The procedure involves removing cartilage from the ear to bring the ears closer to the head;
- Lip Augmentation — A cosmetic procedure used by women to make the lips more prominent. The Surgeon will hollow out a portion of the lip and insert an implant, the result of which should be that the lips have more body to them;
- Breast implant remove and male breast reduction surgery
- Chin Augmentation (Mentoplasty) — Patients often undergo this procedure after already undergoing initial facial surgery to improve facial symmetry but you can also undergo this surgery on its own. The main reason for this cosmetic surgery is that it will hopefully improve the profile of the patient. The Surgeon will either insert an implant or reshape the jaw bone.
If you consider that you have been let down and suffered injury and emotional distress as a result of a failed and negligent operation to relating to one of the above surgical procedures, you may have a claim for compensation and other losses.