Rhinoplasty Compensation Claims
Rhinoplasty surgery, better known as Nose Re-constructive surgery (Nose Job) is a procedure used for correcting and/or reconstructing the shape, functions and appearance of the nose.
The reasons why this procedure is performed is twofold:
- Cosmetic reasons to improve the appearance of a nose
- Medical necessity — to improving breathing etc
There are different methods when performing this type of surgery, this will depend on the Surgeon undertaking the surgery. However from time to time errors can occur and the surgery can cause problems.
The Surgeon should explain the risks and potential complications associated with the surgery before you proceed, if they did not then they may have been negligent, if you suffered injury, complication or an undesired effect.
The most common complications which seem to occur arising from this type of surgery are:
- Excessive bruising — post surgery;
- Breathing difficulties
- Failed surgery (Poor surgical technique)
- Nerve damage — leading to cognitive dysfunction and other complications
- Damage to Nasal muscles
- Damage to Septum (structure which divides the nose into two halves).
If you consider that you have been let down and suffered injury and emotional distress as a result of a failed and negligent nose operation, you may have a claim for compensation and other losses.