A brain injury of any type can be catastrophic for both the affected party and their family. Depending upon the severity of the condition, life after injury may never be the same. If the brain injury is due to medical incompetence, or clinical malpractice, a brain injury claim can be considered.
Our specialist medical negligence solicitors have settled many medical negligence compensation claims for those that have suffered due to an avoidable brain injury.
Not all brain injuries are caused by negligent medical treatment; there are inherent risks associated with some surgical procedures which can result in complications occurring. But if a patient (or their family member) feels that the treating doctors or surgeons have been negligent, resulting in a brain injury, we may be able to assist you to bring a claim.
Causes of brain injury
Severe brain injury can result in one of two ways: traumatic, and non-traumatic.
Some of the causes of non-traumatic brain injury can be:
- Vascular problems – strokes causing clots in the brain, cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding in the area of the brain), subarachnoid haemorrhage (burst aneurysm)
- Brain tumours, including cancer
- Hypoxia, hypoglycaemia, hyperpyrexia
- Meningitis, tuberculosis, cerebral abscess, malaria, encephalitis
- Misdiagnosis of a condition, leading to brain injury and cognitive dysfunction
If you have been diagnosed as having traumatic brain injury, then some sort of external force will have caused injury to the brain.
No matter whether your problem is one of these or something else, as specialist medical negligence solicitors, we can assist you if you have been given an incorrect or delayed diagnosis or treatment.
for compensation todayCLAIM ONLINE