GP Complaint Specialists
The GP surgery will be the first port of call for most people who feel unwell. It is important that GPs are skilled in knowing what examinations to carry out to determine the cause of your symptoms, and in deciding what medication or other treatment to prescribe and whether you need to be referred to a specialist Doctor.
Make a GP Negligence Claim
If they get it wrong your condition may be missed causing you to have to put up with unnecessary pain which could have been treated, and possibly making your condition worse meaning you suffer for longer and may need more serious treatment further down the line. In extreme cases you or a loved one may not survive or suffering prolonged harm. You may also receive inappropriate treatment which you do not need and which causes pain or unnecessary harm.
Some common mistakes that GPs can make are:
- Failure to properly examine you
- Failure to perform or arrange appropriate tests
- Misdiagnosing your illness or condition
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Failure to provide or arrange treatment
- Failure to refer to hospital or referring you to the wrong specialist
- Performing inappropriate procedures or performing procedures without the correct expertise
- Failing to act on information provided by other medical professionals.
If you feel you have been let down and suffered injury as a result of negligent treatment by your GP, you may have a claim for compensation and other losses.