Pursuing legal action against any individual is a stressful process, but suing someone such as a GP can be even more difficult. GPs represent those we put trust in; a profession built on care and professionalism. Doctors and particularly GPs are valued and respected members of society who we develop a rapport and even affection for our as we interact with them through the years.
However, there are still occasions that arise when for whatever reason, we do not receive the level of care, service and professionalism that we’re entitled to. All GPs have a duty of care to serve their patients’ needs to a competent and professional standard. When this does not occur, it’s only right that you should take action to rectify matters and seek recompense wherever it is deserved. Some of the issues that might require action to be taken include:
- Failure to carry out a proper and competent medical examination
- Failure to perform or arrange tests appropriate to the patients’ condition and needs
- Misdiagnosing an illness or condition
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Failure to provide or arrange proper and appropriate treatment
- Failure to refer to hospital where necessary or referring you to the wrong specialist
- Performing inappropriate procedures or performing them without correct expertise
- Failing to act on information provided by other medical professionals
The above list is by no means comprehensive, but if you have experienced any of these issues, or others, and you have suffered injury, illness or loss as a result, then it’s time to get in touch to seek the appropriate action and compensation.
for compensation todayCLAIM ONLINE