Matrimonial and Divorce Claims
Separation from a relationship resulting in a divorce is an emotionally charged experience. The process of divorce is very stressful and you probably would will been relieved that the whole thing is over and the decree absolute has been granted.
You may reflect on the divorce process post decree absolute and consider that you have been pressured into an unreasonable matrimonial settlement or you realise that not all your spouse’s assets have been taken into account as part of the divorce negotiations.
Common examples on how a Solicitor could be negligent when handling a matrimonial dispute/divorce may include:
- Under settling ancillary relief (Financial settlement)
- Solicitor fails to investigate a spouses assets adequately
- Failure to advise on child protection
- Incorrect or unfair settlement of the financial part of a divorce
- Not considering the full extent of pension entitlement
If you consider that your family (Divorce) Solicitor has been negligent causing you financial loss, you may have a claim for compensation and other losses.