Suing Your Accountant

If you have suffered due to the actions of your Accountant, then contact a claims expert as soon as possible as time limits will apply.

How will your Solicitor help?

Your Solicitor will be an expert in professional negligence so he will be able to instruct you on the best way forward and the chances of the success of a claim.  He will begin by taking a history from you and finding out if professional negligence did occur.  If it did, he will then need to show that the Accountant’s actions positively contributed towards you losing money.  If necessary, your Solicitor will employ the services of an expert in accountancy to give a second opinion.

What happens after that?

If it looks like you have a case and there is a good chance of a winning compensation, then your Solicitor will agree to represent you.  There are many ways of funding legal proceedings and some Solicitors offer a ‘no win no fee’ basis if they can.  This is great as you will not pay a fee unless the case is successful.  Alternatively, if this option is not available, he may recommend other ways of covering your legal costs.
Always seek expert legal help as soon as you can to avoid missing out on financial compensation to cover your losses.

0800 234 3234 OR 0151 321 1000