Call FREE Request Call Back
Housing Disrepair Claims

Defective Boiler Claims

If your live in social housing or a council property and your landlord has not taken swift action to repair your boiler, or they ignore the issue, our expert housing solicitors are here to help you make a faulty boiler claim.


reviews on
Company Logo
man writing with pen

Defective Boiler Compensation Claims

If you are suffering from boiler problems in your rented property, you need to inform your landlord as quickly as possible. By law, they are required to provide a home that is not in a state of disrepair whether they be private, council/local authorities or housing associations. If they fail to act after you’ve reported a boiler defect, you could have grounds to take legal action.

So, if you’re living in a home that is showing signs of boiler disrepair and you’ve reported the issue but your landlord has yet to take any action (within a reasonable amount of time) you could be eligible to make a claim to get your home fixed. Any boiler defect can prove extremely dangerous and could even lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here at Been Let Down, we have a team of Solicitors who specialise in making defective boiler claims and any other type of claims relating to heating system disrepair. If you feel like you may be entitled to compensation for a faulty boiler in your rented property, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today and we’ll do everything in our power to help you.

What are some of the effects of boiler disrepair?

  • Leaks
  • No hot water
  • Lack of heating
  • Strange noises/smells

Any of these consequences of a boiler defect can lead you to becoming ill or can result in damage to your possessions, which could have a knock-on effect of financial loss. If you’ve told your landlord about the problem and they’ve done nothing to fix the situation, you may be eligible to make a faulty boiler claim. Here at Been Let Down, we can help with that process.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

How does the process of making a faulty boiler claim work?

If you’re having boiler problems in a rented property, the first thing you need to do is tell your landlord. They ought to take swift action and if they don’t – or they ignore the issue altogether – then it’s time to get in touch with us.

Should you wish to make a faulty boiler claim, or wish to receive compensation for any other issue relating to your boiler disrepair, your initial consultation will be free of charge while we assess whether you are entitled to any reparation.

If we are to proceed with your case, we’ll need you to provide us with as much information as possible.

How much can I expect to receive if I claim for boiler disrepair?

Our primary objective is to look after your health, which means doing everything in our power to get your defective boiler fixed so that your home becomes habitable again.

Additionally, if the issues arising from your heating system disrepair have gone on for a lengthy period and have caused great discomfort to you and your family, then we may feel that you are entitled to some compensation.

However, all defective boiler claims are different, which means we cannot offer a specific guideline on how much you may receive. It will depend on the severity of the issue and how long it was present for, among other factors.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

No Win No Fee Solicitors

If our team of specialists assess that you are entitled to make a claim, we will operate on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis. That means that if we are unsuccessful on your behalf, it will cost you nothing.

Here to help you

If you wish to make a faulty boiler claim, or have been suffering any other issues relating to the heating system in your rented property that your landlord has failed to address, we’re here to help you. Our team will work hard to firstly fix the problem and then, if justifiable, claim for compensation on your behalf.

Get in touch today and find out how we can help with your case for defective boiler compensation.

Please call us on 0800 234 3234 or contact us and a member of our legal team will call you back.

Contact us today

"*" indicates required fields


Bond Turner Tracking

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.