Call FREE Request Call Back
Housing Disrepair Claims

Water Damage

If your social housing or council property is suffering from damp or any other form of water damage and your landlord has failed to take appropriate steps we can help you get your home fixed.


reviews on
Company Logo
workman fixing ceiling

Water Damage Compensation Claims

One of the most common types of property damage is that caused by water, which can have serious and long-lasting effects if not dealt with swiftly and comprehensively. Housing law decrees that landlords – whether they be private, council/local authorities or housing associations – are required to let properties which are not in a state of disrepair throughout the entire length of the tenancy. Landlords of properties that are in a state of disrepair risk facing legal action.

So, if you are living in a property that is showing signs of penetrating or rising damp and you have notified your landlord but they have failed to take appropriate steps within a reasonable amount of time, you could be eligible to make a claim to get your home fixed. You may also be entitled to seek compensation for mould and damp or for any other issue arising from the water damage in your home.

At Been Let Down, we have qualified legal professionals who specialise in housing disrepair claims. If you feel you could be entitled to compensation from your landlord for mould or another type of water damage, please get in touch with us today and we’ll do everything we can to help you.

What are some of the effects of water damage?

  • Penetrating / rising damp
  • Mould
  • Staining / discolouration
  • Leaks
  • Deteriorating plaster
  • Structural damage

Any of these consequences of water damage can cause you to become ill or damage your personal property, which could result in financial loss. If you’ve reported the issue to your landlord and they’ve taken no action, you could be in a position to make a claim – be it for compensation for mould and damp or any other kind. That’s where Been Let Down can help.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

How does the water damage claim process work?

Firstly, you need to contact your landlord to report the issue. If they fail to take appropriate action, you should get in touch with Been Let Down’s team of expert housing Solicitors. Your initial consultation is free of charge while we listen to your situation and assess whether you have a legitimate claim for compensation.

If we proceed, we will need as much information as we can gather about your problem. If you’ve taken any photos, such evidence can prove hugely useful in making a successful claim for mould or any other property damage.

How much can I expect to receive as compensation for water damage claims?

At Been Let Down, our primary concern is your wellbeing, which is why our first priority is ensuring your water damage is fixed and your home becomes a safe place to inhabit once more.

If we feel you are entitled to compensation for the suffering you have endured due to property damage, it will be because the problems have not been resolved for a considerable amount of time, which has subsequently had a negative effect on you and any others residing in your home.

However, all water damage claims are different, which means we cannot provide you with one set figure that you may receive for your damp claim or any other type of damage. The severity of the issue, the number of rooms it has affected and the amount of time it was present for will all be factored into the calculation.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

No Win No Fee Solicitors

If our housing Solicitors decide that you have a claim, we will proceed on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis. That means if we do not succeed, there’s nothing for you to pay.

Here to help you

If your home is suffering from damp or any other form of water damage and your landlord has not taken action to fix the problem, our highly skilled and experienced Solicitors are here for you. We’ll help to repair the issue and, if applicable, aid you in claiming for compensation.

Get in touch today and find out how we can help with your case for water damage compensation.

Please call us on 0800 234 3234 or contact us and a member of our legal team will call you back.

Contact us today

"*" indicates required fields


Bond Turner Tracking

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.