Call FREE Request Call Back
Housing Disrepair Claims

Structural Defects

If your social housing or council property is showing signs of structural defects and your landlord is slow in acting, or ignores the issue, our expert housing solicitors are here to help you.


reviews on
Company Logo
workman fixing ceiling

Structural Defects Compensation Claims

If you are living in a rented property that is showing signs of what you think might be structural defects, it’s imperative that you report this to your landlord immediately.

Whether your landlord is private, a housing association or a council / local authority, they are required by law to let properties that are not in a state of disrepair – meaning safe and healthy for you and your family to live in – throughout the entirety of your tenancy.

If you inform your landlord of any structural defects and they are slow in acting or ignore the issue altogether, you could be entitled to make a claim against them to get your home fixed. You may also be eligible to receive compensation.

Here at Been Let Down, we have a team of expert Solicitors who specialise in housing disrepair claims, so you can be sure that you’re receiving the help of highly qualified professionals. If you think your property has structural defects and your landlord has not acted upon your complaint, get in touch with us today and we’ll do all we can to help you.

What are some examples of structural defects?

  • Cracks in the walls
  • Staining or discolouration
  • Leaky roofs
  • Cracks in the floors
  • Damp
  • Doors or windows that stick

These are just some of the ways in which structural defects can reveal themselves and, in the worst cases, some of these examples can cause you to become ill. They can also cause damage to your personal property, which in turn can lead to you suffering a financial loss. If your landlord has done nothing to address the situation, you may be eligible to claim compensation and that’s where Been Let Down can help.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

How do I claim compensation for structural defects?

If your rented property is showing signs of structural defects the first course of action is to let your landlord know. If they fail to address the issue appropriately, within a reasonable amount of time, then it’s time to get in touch with Been Let Down.

Should you wish to claim compensation for structural defects, your first consultation with us will be free of charge while we assess your situation.

If we believe we can help you with making a claim, we’ll need as much information as you can provide us with, including details of when the issues first presented themselves as well as any photographic evidence you may have.

How much could I receive in compensation?

Our first priority here at Been Let Down is to help you get any structural defects fixed, so that you and your family can return to living in the safe home that you deserve.

On top of that, if the structural problems in your house have been present for a long time and have had a detrimental effect on the safety or health of your family, then we may feel you are eligible to claim for compensation.

However, all claims vary, which means our specialists in housing disrepair cannot give you a precise figure before the process gets underway. The severity of your structural  defects, the number of rooms they have affected and the amount of damage to your possessions will all be taken into consideration when calculating the final figure.

Call Been Let Down today and speak to a member of our specialist housing disrepair team.

No Win No Fee Solicitors

If our team of Solicitors have analysed how your structural defects have impacted your living situation and decided that you are eligible for a claim, we will proceed on a No Win No Fee basis. That means that if we’re unsuccessful you’ll remain fully financially protected, with nothing to pay.

Here to help you

So, if you think your rented property is showing signs of structural defects and your landlord has done nothing to act upon your complaints, we can help you. Our friendly and professional team will work firstly on resolving the issue and then, if appropriate, do everything they can to claim compensation on your behalf.

Get in touch today and find out how we can help with your case for structural defects compensation.

Please call us on 0800 234 3234 or contact us and a member of our legal team will call you back.

Contact us today

"*" indicates required fields


Bond Turner Tracking

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.